Good Morning Everyone, is it chilly outside? Let’s be real. I live in LA! But that’s OK, it’s about to get a bit chilly… I know Halloween is all about who has the scariest costume and haunted house (that’s why we call it #spookysaturday), BUT today I decided to take one of my sisters favorite holidays and flip it! I love creating spooky, scary looks around this time of year but there are times where I find myself wanting to be a little bit girly and not so much sexy, which is why I decided to create a Queen Elsa inspired look. Who better then Queen Elsa right? You don’t need a man to get a job done. Women are just as smart and powerful as men are; if not MORE! I am going to be really honest and say I LOVED AND ENJOYED WATCHING THIS MOVIE! So to everyone out there, take charge of your life!
With that said, lets get started on this Disney’s Frozen – Queen Elsa inspired makeup tutorial….
- Prime eyes with Bare Escentuals 5-in-1 BB Advance Performance Cream Eyeshadow in Radiant Sand, all over the entire lid.
- Apply hot pink shade (4th column from left, 4th row from top) from the Morphe 35B palette in the upper crease using a Morphe M412 blending brush.
- Now take the bright purple shade (6th column from left, 3rd row from top) from the same palette and apply to inner and outer corners of eye using a Morphe C443 brush. Once you have done that take any excess product you may still have on the brush and blend into the lower crease. You want to apply just a little amount of pressure when doing this because you don’t want to mix the pink and purple shades together too much.
- Next take a Morphe C442 brush and spray a two times with Benefit Cosmetics Ultra Radiance spray. After dip the slightly wet brush into the light pink shade from the same palette (3rd column from left, 2nd row from top) and apply to the very center of lid. You want to apply in a patting motion with just slight pressure to really build up the color. Repeat this step one more time.
- Using your ringer finger apply Urban Decay Glitter Rock eyeshadow directly on top of the previous shadow. (If you are not a big fan of too much shimmer and glitter you can omit this step). Also, using a Shany Cosmetics #13 brush, apply Makeup Geek eyeshadow Shimma Shimma as your brow bone highlight. Next, Wipe off any fallout from the eyeshadows using a makeup wipe.
- Now let us move onto complexion, Apply Cargo Picture Perfect Pore Refining primer and your favorite foundation all over the face. Today I am using Dior’s newest foundation Dior Star with a Real Techniques Stippling Brush.
- Elsa has very fair and bright looking skin. We are going to achieve this look by using MAC Prep and Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose underneath eyes but staying above cheekbones and to sides of the nose. You want to be sure to use this highlighter on one side of the face at a time because it dries very quickly which makes in a bit difficult to work with. I applied this highlight with a wet blending sponge.
- Go ahead apply your under eye concealer with a Morphe MB12 brush and apply in the same areas where you applied your MAC highlighter; here I used MAC Pro Longwear concealer in shade NC42. Set your concealer by applying Be a Bombshell powder in Smooth Criminal in a patting motion. Here is a quick and useful tip; when applying your powder to set your undereye concealer you want to be sure to use a patting motion. You want the powder to absorb the concealer and you don’t want to move the product around. By doing this you stop your concealer from creasing AND be sure to set your concealer first before the rest of your face. You have a better chance of your concealer to not move or crease if you set it right away.
- Use Benefit Cosmetics Hello Flawless powder to set the rest of your face. I am shade Amber.
- Take Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion and line lower lash line.
- Smudge out eyeliner by applying hot pink shadow from Morphe 35B (6th column from left, 3rd row from top) using pencil brush to bottom eyelash line. Apply bright purple shade (6th column from left, 3rd row from top) to bottom lash line. Take that same eyeliner from Urban Decay and tight line your inner upper lash line with it.
- Fill brows with Benefit Cosmetics Brow Zings in Dark using Smashbox angled brow brush; I only used the powder to fill in my brows for this look. Apply black mascara to top and bottom eyelashes (I used Dior Diorshow 090). Apply #415 black eyelashes and NYC liquid eyeliner to help make your eyelashes look like your own.
- Contour cheeks with MAC powder blush in Blunt and apply pink blush (Ben Eye Fuchsia blush) to cheeks using Bdeillium Tools 945 brush.
- Apply Benefit Cosmetics highlighter in Watts Up to the top of your cheeks bones, bridge of nose, Cupid’s bow and center of forehead using fingers.
- Line and fill in lips with NYX 816 Fuchsia lip liner pencil. Apply Bare Escentuals Moxie lipstick to lips, and then apply Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Adrenaline on top. I also wanted to brighten up this look a little bit more; so, I applied Makeup Geek eyeshadow in Shimma Shimma to the inner corner of my eyes as well.
* I used the ModiFace app to change the color of my eyes. This app is great if you are debating on whether or not to buy contacts. They have many different eye colors to choose from.
Hope you all enjoyed this makeup tutorial. Please leave suggestions for any other tutorials you are interested in seeing. Thank you so much for your support and as always…
Be Healthy, Be Gorgeous