So I decided to start something different on our blog. It seems every day a new product is introduced to society. Well I thought I would start a new trend called Try It Out Tuesday. With your suggestions I have decided to make myself a Guinea Pig and try out new products that are being launched. I will put them to the test and decided whether or not it gets my special Mermaid Seal of Approval.
First up for #tryitoutuesday
Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
If you have been watching TV recently then I am sure you have seen the commercial for this product. I do have to say that this commercial is the reason why I was so enticed to buy and try this product out. Then I figured I should write a review on this product, since I am sure many of you have wondered what this product does, how it works, how it feels, and is it worth the money?
With that said, lets get started:
First off, here is what the product claims per Garnier’s website (Garnier USA )
What it does
- “Micellar Cleansing Water is Garnier’s new all-in-1 way to lift makeup effectively and cleanse skin gently. No rinsing, no harsh rubbing.”
How does it do it?
- Micellar Cleansing Water features micelle cleansing molecules that pull oil and dirt away from the face.
(visual taken directly from Garnier USA website)
My Thoughts Before I Tried This Product
Like most of you, I was very skeptical about trying out this cleanser. I am so used to the process of washing my face with a foaming cleanser and then rinsing off the cleanser with water. The thought of not having to do that scares me a bit. I am pretty convinced that I won’t get the same clean but I am definitely willing to try it out.
WOW! That’s what I have to say about this product. Garnier has two different formulas for this product. One that Removes Makeup and one that Removes Waterproof Makeup. Of course I tested them both out.
I first completed a whole makeup look on my face to really test out this product. Then I went about my normal day so that I could really get the full effect of the removal when I got home. When I proceeded to remove my makeup and cleanse my skin. I used the Original Micellar Cleansing Water (non-waterproof, pink bottle) cleanser on one half of my face, and the Waterproof Formula (blue bottle) on the other half.
It took me a total of 6 cotton pads to remove all my makeup completely. The pictures below are self explanatory. *When I tested it out I wanted to make sure all my makeup was off, so I kept using more cotton pads until I did not see any makeup on the pads.*
and just in case you were wondering… What happens after I use my toner? Below you will notice that no additional makeup was removed from my pores when I used my toner after the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water.
- Is it worth the money? ABSOLUTELY!!
- Is it worth the time? Yes. It took seconds.
- Does it clean your skin? It sure does and it leaves your skin feeling smooth and refreshed.
- Should I go purchase it? Yes! Yes! Yes! Also check your Sunday Ad’s because there was a coupon to save $2 on one Garnier skincare product, which expires February, 6, 2016.
- It is also a great cleanser to use when you go camping because you do not need water to rinse it off, just cotton pads!
So go to the store. Buy it. Try It. Then let me know what you thought about it.
The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water got this Mermaids Seal of Approval!
Be Healthy, Be Gorgeous